…and more Bicycle Races and Ice Cream.
The current forecast for this Saturday is Sunny with a high of 78 degrees. It’s going to be a perfect day to be outside. Come Monday you’ll want something cool to talk about around the water cooler (or to share on Facebook). We have an excellent idea…
First, on Saturday morning, drop by the Arkansas Blogger Bake Sale benefiting No Kid Hungry. Bloggers including Lisa of Frenetic Fitness and Arkansas Outside will have baked goods available for sale to support No Kid Hungry which connects kids in need with nutritious food and teaches their families how to cook healthy, affordable meals. The campaign also engages the public to make ending childhood hunger a national priority. They will be at the Argenta Certified Farmers Market in North Little Rock from 9 am to 5 pm.
Go ahead and purchase some snacks, you’ll need them as you cheer on the bicycle racers at the Rock City Criterium in downtown Little Rock that afternoon.
Races start at 1 pm but get there early to get a good spot. (Pro Tip: the intersection of 4th and River Market Ave should be a hot spot if you don’t need to be at the start/finish line.)
Now if you didn’t work off enough of the baked goods at the criteriums you can always sign up for the Ronald McDonald 5K happening Sunday morning. Proceeds go to support programs offered by Ronald McDonald House Charity of Arkansas.
Still not enough??? The criteriums start again Sunday morning but this time at South Main (SOMA) where you will be able to get some Loblolly Ice Cream (It is my understanding that they will have some special flavors with bicycle themes) at the Green Corner Store. Always good stuff to do, always good stuff to eat.
UPDATE! Check out these Ice Cream Flavors for Sunday at Green Corner Store!
- “The KOM” a Honey Pistachio Treat that will put you over the summit ahead of your mates.
- “The MercX” a Blood Orange Buttermilk named after the Cannibal himself.
- “Alpe d’Huez” treat your mouth to the 21 turns and stunning elevation only this Dark Chocolate Sorbet can offer.
- “The Maillot Vert” this fresh mint treat will have you sprinting back for more.
- “Shut up Legs” a Caramel Ice Cream every bit as Salty as Jens Voigt.
- “Maillot Blanc” this young Vanilla is best placed despite its age.
- “STRAVA! Sundae” House made toffee on top of our Double Vanilla and Salted Caramel with hot fudge, vanilla whipped cream, and a house made cherry makes it sweeter than grabbing your best friend’s KOM.