Our calendar of events lists outdoor participatory sports throughout Arkansas. Feel free to search through the categories or tags. There is a lot happening so make your plans today.
Race Information: White Rock Classic 50K
- No Fees, No frills, No WIMPS!
- Race begins on Road 1003 (White Rock Mountain Road) just off Highway 23, about a mile north of the Mulberry River (near Cass).
- Part of the 2016 – 2017 AURA Ultra Trail Series
- There is no entry fee but a small donation to help cover costs would be appreciated.
- Refreshments will be near the finish line starting at 1:00 pm
- If doing the 50K and not confident of a 5:00PM finish you are welcome to start early. (study the map, you will be unsupported till the aid station volunteers get set up).
- Please keep your own time and sign in at the top (past the aid station at the lookout) and at the finish to be included in the results.
- You must sign out before leaving or you will be charges for search and rescue.
- The 50K course runs to the top of White Rock Mountain, then retraces back to the start.
- The course is run on well maintained forest road.
- Aid is set up approximately every 5 – 6 miles.
- PLEASE NOTE: If for some reason you plan to NOT to run back, you MUST plan ahead to arrange your own ride back to the start. No shuttling will be available.
- Course Map
- Course Elevation Profile, compliments of Jeff Genova – Thanks Jeff!
Approximate cumulative elevation changes:
Out/up: 3500′ total climb, 1900′ total descent
Back/Down: 1900′ total climb and 3500′ total descent
- This 50K is very challenging and not recommended for those who have not at least completed a marathon (or run 26 miles) recently. It is guaranteed to help work off those Christmas holiday pounds before the Valentine Candy arrives.
- Cancellation Policy: We reserve the right to cancel the race due to inclement weather or unsafe road conditions. Both the condition/width of the roads and the snow height and ice will be taken into consideration when making the final decision. In other words, don’t go if the weather is bad! Remember this is for fun, fellowship and recreation. This race has been cancelled in the past due to bad weather.
- Course closes by 5 pm. Early starts are accepted if you anticipate not completing the 50K under 8 hours. Note: There will be a few awards given–early starters are not eligible for awards.
- Brought to you by Lisa Gunnoe, PoDog Vogler, and the Arkansas Ultra Running Association (AURA)
- Questions: e-mail Lisa
- Parking at the start is limited.
- If you can, park at the Turner Bend store–at the Mulberry River bridge on Highway 23 and carpool to the start.
- If you park at the start pull over to the right as much as you possibly can. An ambulance must be able to get by you and they are wide.
- All cars must park on same side of road, left/South.
- Please use the restrooms at the Turner Bend Store (please show gratitude by purchasing something).
- There are no restrooms in the campground at the start. If you need to go, walk up the road, away from the campground, and leave no trace.
- This has been a problem in the past and we may loose our permit so – LEAVE NO TRACE!!!
- Male: Brian Hurley, 3:53:06 (2014)
- Female: Chrissy Ferguson, 4:44:25 (1999)
- Male (Brannon Cemetery start/finish): Cole Crosby, 3:53:55 (2012)
- Female (Brannon Cemetery start/finish): Katie Helms, 5:14 (2012)
Grab your sweetie or come looking for love at the 5th race of the Run Bentonville Race Series. The race gives participants the opportunity to test themselves at the unique 4k or 8k distance. The event begins on the Downtown Square, winds through Memorial Park and finishes back on the Downtown Square near Waltons 5-10. The race is also designed to be run with your sweetheart. Couples that register for the race together receive a discounted rate. In addition, every woman that crosses the finish line gets a carnation!
When: Saturday, February 8, 2020. Race starts at 7:30am
*There will be NO race day registration*
Cost: $25 for individual and $40 per couple. Couples are considered significant others. Couples must run the same race distance to receive discount and couple scoring.
All participants will receive a commemorative long sleeve shirt and age category winners will be awarded medals.
Packet pickup for the Valentines 4k/8K will be at the Downtown Activity Center on 215 SW A, Bentonville, AR 72712 on Feb 6th from 8am-8pm and Friday, Feb 7th from 8am-4:30pm.
***Race Series points awarded to 8k finishers ONLY***
Race Information Styx n’Stones Trail Run
- Time/Location: 8:00AM. Day Use Pavilion.
- Distance: Approximately 30K (18.6 miles). The short option is 15K (9.3 Miles).
- Aid: There will be aid stations. This will include water, sports drink and light food. Water bottle highly recommended.
- FEE: No fees. No frills. No wimps. No whining. Donations to help cover costs are appreciated. There will be a donation can at the sign-in table.
- Ultra Trail Series: This race is part of the UTS. More information on the UTS
- Timing: Please keep your own time and sign in at the finish. Results will be posted on www.runArkansas.com
- Difficulty: This is a long race on difficult, technical trail.
- Gaiters recommended: expect any combination of sticks, stones, boulders, mud, scree, grit, trail debris, rocks, sand, slippery rocks, roots, loose rocks…
- Much of the trail is very technical. Don’t plan to run a personal best here. Enjoy the great outdoors and exercise your demons.
- Major climb the first two plus miles. Gnarly climb at ~13 miles.
- Six hour time limit. Runners passing the 9-mile checkpoint after 10:50 AM will be required to stop at 15k. Assume the 30k will take nearly as long as a road marathon.
- From the north, I-540 to the West Fork exit, right on Highway 170.
- From the south, I-540 to the Winslow exit, Left on Highway 74.
- Race Information: Mark DenHerder
- Devil’s Den State Park trails http://www.arkansasstateparks.com/things-to-do/trails/search.aspx?parkid=4
The luck of the Irish will be on your at the 6th race of the Run Bentonville Race Series. The race gives participants the opportunity to test themselves at either the 5k or 10k distance. The event begins and ends at the Bentonville Community Center.
Online registration is currently closed. However you can still register in person at packet pickup.
When: Saturday, March 7th, 2020. Race starts at 7:00am.
Where: Bentonville Community Center (1101 SW Citizens Circle)
*There will be NO race day registration*
Cost: $25 for either the 5k or the 10K
All participants will receive a commemorative shirt and age category winners will be awarded medals.
You can register in person at packet pick-up.
Packet pickup for the Irish 5k/10k will be at the Downtown Activity Center on 215 SW A, Bentonville, AR 72712 on March 5th from 8am-8pm and Friday, March 6th from 8am-4:30pm.
***Race Series points awarded to 10k finishers ONLY***
Run Bentonville Half Marathon and 5K
Race Day Schedule
PLEASE BE ON THE SQUARE READY TO RUN BY 6:45A.M. ALL RACES
April 4, 2020
Event Location: Downtown Bentonville Square
7:00 a.m. Half Marathon/Relay Start (Start line is located on Central Ave.)
7:00 a.m. 5K (Start line is located on Main St.)
Race times are approximate, so please be on the square ready to go by 6:45 a.m. regardless of which race you enter.
7:00 a.m.-11:00 a.m. Post-race Party and Celebration on the Square
9:00 a.m. Presentation of all awards on Main Stage
11:00 a.m. Half Marathon course closes
Ouachita Trail 50 Endurance Run
50 Mile and 50K Information
Date: April 18, 2020
Location: Maumelle Park, Little Rock, Arkansas, Pavilion # 8 (see map and directions)
Starting Time: 6:00 AM (Prompt) for both races. Runners must check in at the pavilion between 5:00 and 5:45 AM.
Packets: Race packets may be picked up at Pavilion #8 from 4:00 to 7:00 PM on Friday, April 12th, or between 5:00 and 5:45 AM race morning.
Course: A picturesque climb over Pinnacle Mountain followed by an out-and-back along the shore of Lake Maumelle. Course includes six miles of asphalt and the remainder on scenic, rocky, single-track trail. Pinnacle Mountain trails will be utilized on the “out” portion only. Several highway crossings will be involved. There will be no traffic control. Please be responsible and be careful!
Trail: The Ouachita Trail is a single track foot path on which no bikes or motorized vehicles are allowed. The trail is permanently marked with blue blazes. Turns are marked with two blue blazes. Additional markers (blue ribbons) will be out.
Aid: Eleven staffed aid stations for 50-mile; seven for 50Km. (See mileage/aid station chart.) Carrying at least one fluid bottle is HIGHLY advised.
Crew access: Crews can meet runners at East Pinnacle Parking Lot, West Summit Trailhead, Northshore, and the Hwy 10 turnaround only.
Drop Bags: Drop bags will be taken to the 16 and 36-mile aid station (Northshore), and to the turnaround point for the 50 mile (Highway 10). Please label dropbags with your name and “Northshore” or “Hwy 10” to avoid confusion. Bring all bags to the race check-in between 5:00 and 5:45 AM. Bags will be returned to the finish area after the race.
Cut-off Times: There is a 13-hour time limit for both races. Runners registered in the 50 Mile have the option to change to the 50Km during the race. To continue in the 50 Mile race, a runner must exit the Northshore aid station by 10:15 AM (out-bound) and 3:30 PM (returning), and the Hwy 10 Turnaround aid station by 12:50 PM. These cut-off times will be strictly enforced.
Awards: Finishing awards to each 50K and 50 Mile finisher. Overall awards to first male and female finisher in the 50K and 50 Mile. Awards will be presented as you finish.. Technical shirts to all entrants. Food will be provided at the finish – hamburgers, hot dogs, etc.
Race Director: Chrissy Ferguson, e-mail (Preferred) OT50@RunArkansas.com ; phone 501-803-9411
Mount Magazine Trail Run
Come join us for the Mount Magazine Trail Run. We’ll start just north of the visitor center (see map below), and hit almost every trail in the park, along with a portion of the Cove Lake Trail. The run will be approximately 18 miles, with a trip to the base of the mountain, via the Cove Lake Trail, and back to the top.
Mount Magazine is home to magnificent bluffs which make for breathtaking scenery, provide spectacular views, and make it popular for hang gliders and climbers alike. Magazine also offers numerous trails for hiking atop the mountain and into the valley below. It’s now time to enjoy those trails as runners.
For those wishing to participate but not able to do 18 miles, there will be “bail-out” options.
This is a fun run and there are no entry fees or advance applications required. However, please contact PT if you intend to run–so we know how many runners to prepare for. Food will be provided after the run. Please carpool if possible, as this will help with parking.
Mount Magazine State Park is located on Scenic Highway 309 approximately 17 miles south of Paris; or from Danville, travel nine miles west on Highway 10 to Havana, then go 10 miles north on Scenic Highway 309. Please arrive early enough to check in at Greenfield Pavilion – across the highway from the visitor center.
Join Bentonville Parks and Recreation for a “lights out” celebration to kick off the 2019-2020 Run Bentonville Race Series. We’ll deck all participants out in plenty of “glow gear”, and a unique glow-in-the-dark tshirt. There will also be a finish line DJ and “Party Stations” along the course!
May 29th at 8:45pm
Distance: 2 miles
Time: Approx 8:45pm
Award for our “Flashiest” costume!
Children 6 and up are able to register and participate as long as they are accompanied by an adult.
All participants will receive a Glow necklace, and Glow in the Dark t-shirt!
You will be able to pick up your packets at the Downtown Activity Center (215 SW A St.) on Thursday from 8am-8pm or Friday from 8am-4:30pm.
Goblin Run 5K
Join Bentonville Parks & Recreation for the 3rd race of the Run Bentonville Race Series: The Goblin Run! Costumes are encouraged for this spooooky race around town. Special awards to the best costumes!
Distance: 5k and Kids Fun Run
When: October 31 at 7:30am. Kids Fun Run to follow
Where: Downtown Activity Center (215 SW A St.) Bentonville, AR
Cost: $25 for 5k/ Free for Fun Run
Did you miss registration? We can get you registered in person at packet pick-up!
Packet Pick-up will take place at the Downtown Activity Center (215 SW A St.) on Thursday, October 29th from 8am-8pm and Friday, October 30th from 8:00am-4:30pm.