Our calendar of events lists outdoor participatory sports throughout Arkansas. Feel free to search through the categories or tags. There is a lot happening so make your plans today.
4th Annual Hook & Ladder! Register today https://app.regwiz.io/register/hookandladder/610
The 4th annual Hook & Ladder 5K/10K and 1 mile fun run. Firefighter Challenege is back and details will be released closer to race date. Sponsor booths, Live DJ from Brock Entertainment, Water shower at the end of the race and much more! We’re set and can’t wait to see everyone there this year! Bentonville Firefighter’s Assoc. is a non-profit organization.
5K Race Route: https://www.plotaroute.com/route/163330
10K Race Route: https://www.plotaroute.com/route/180205
**It is your responsibility to know the route you plan to run, we do not accept responsibility for runners accidentally going off course**
- Distance: 14 miles (approximate)
- Starts at 7:00 am from the top of Mt. Nebo, in the parking lot near the pool and camping area. Mt. Nebo is about three miles west of Dardanelle on Hwy 155.
- There is no entry fee. There may be some form of receptacle into which a donation would be appropriate to show appreciation for those administering the run and/or providing food and aid.
- This is a low-key event–a “fun run”. Please keep your own time and sign in at the finish.
- Race contact: Tom Aspel 479-857-4527
- Race #2 in the 2019-2020 AURA Ultra Trail Series
Google Maps Driving Directions to race start.
- Parking will be in the grassy area near the stop sign. No parking in the campground-pool-pavilion parking lot. Just to be clear, you cannot park where we always parked before. There will be someone directing you where to park.
- The pavilion by the pool is reserved for the race until 2 pm.
- The organizers will have some hamburgers and watermelon at the finish. First come, first served. You might want to bring drinks.
- Showers are available on top; the pool will be open at 11:00am – $3 fee to swim
Camping and Lodging Information:
- Camping options: Campsites with water and electricity; Bench trail camping with no facilities.
- Cabins are also available. Capacities from 4 to 8 people.
- For information contact Mt. Nebo: email@example.com or 1-800-264-2458 or (479) 229-3655
Packet Pickup starts @ 8am
Run starts @ 10am
EARLY BIRD ENDS AUGUST 3RD!
This 5k running series is open to persons of all ages and abilities. Come to run (or walk) the course with your friends and family and enjoy a fun morning while celebrating Hurts Donuts! Hurts Donuts will be waiting at the finish line. Enter in the COSTUME CONTEST to win more donut-ful prizes and bragging rights! Registration gets you a bib number, a pair of socks and a t-shirt! Freshly brewed coffee will also be served along with other refreshments.
The inaugural Hurts Donut 80s Run is COMING! Run, walk, or dance through our non-competitive course and have a delicious Hurts Donut waiting for you at the finish line! Enter the costume contest to win MORE donuts and bragging rights! You know you wanna… Let’s party like it’s 1985!
The Creep N Crawl 10K / 5K celebrates the best of autumn with a healthy dose of physical fitness. Create a new family tradition while enjoying all the fall fun with friends. Grab your costume and join us as at Two Rivers Park.
The course runs on the paved trails at Two Rivers Park and the Arkansas River Trail, combining the safety of a smooth surface and the autumn beauty of Two Rivers Park. Please note:
Due to the location of the race and trails, some areas may be a bit dark. Flashlights, lanterns or head lamps may be utilized.
As part of the festivities, we will have a costume contest for race participants only. We encourage participants to get creative and dress in costume for the race. To take part in the costume contest, stop by the judging table at the finish line after you finish to be considered. The costume categories include:
Youth – Individual
Youth – Group
Adult – Individual
Costume Contest Rules:
You must be a registered participant and complete the race event in your costume to be eligible for prizes.
Groups and Pairs must come to the judging table together to be eligible.
If you are a group or a pair, you must pick a team captain and a team name. We will use this name and the team captain’s race number for judging.
You must have a race number visible to be eligible for the Costume Contest and please keep your race bib number on for winner announcements.
You must be present at the awards ceremony to win a prize.
Judges will be looking for originality, authenticity, overall theme and craftsmanship!
Race the Base Trail Run is a 4 mile run with a mixture of paved trail, gravel road and technical single track.
Race parking and the start line will be in Stuckey Field directly west of HWY 300 and the Pinnacle Mountain State Park day use area. Start time for Race the Base is 9 a.m.
Course: The course begins on gravel and dirt road for approximately .5 mi, switches to paved trail for .75 mi and the remaining 2.75 miles is technical single track with a little surprise thrown in.
This race is for experienced trail runners. For kids 12 and under there is a no frills no fees ½ mile fun run on the paved Kingfisher Trail. This race is a fundraiser for Partners for Pinnacle, working to keep Pinnacle Mountain State Park accessible and enjoyable for generations to come.We always have a great time enjoying our favorite Arkansas State Park.
Stick around for a great party after the race. It’s Veteran’s Day. Wear your Red, White and Blue or your service branch gear to honor our Vets. Watch our Facebook page for a discount code for veterans.
Where does your race entry fund go?
Race the Base is a fundraiser for Partners for Pinnacle, working to keep Pinnacle Mountain State Park accessible and enjoyable for generations to come. Find out more on our website.