Sunday, August 24, 2019. 7 am. Rockwater Village, North Little Rock, AR Ride to Pinnacle Mountain State Park. Hike Pinnacle, then ride back to Rockwater Village for the food and beverage after party!
Start time: 7:00 am Rockwater Village, NLR.
1600 Rockwater Blvd, North Little Rock, AR 72114
REGISTRATION and/OR Packet Pickup: (times and location subject to change)
- Friday, August 23th from 5 to 7:30 pm at Rockwater Marina (across from the Riverside at Rockwater Apartments, 1600 Rockwater Blvd).
- Saturday, August 24th from 1 – 6 pm. at Rockwater Marina.
- Bring your hiking gear with you to registration.
- Online registrants will still need to sign release forms when you pick up your gear bag
QUICK answers to a couple FAQ’s:
- You can use any bicycle you would like. However, the route is paved, and mostly on the River Trail, with a portion on county roads, leading into Pinnacle Mountain State Park. You will want to make sure your bicycle is capable of up to a 40-mile ride total.
- You can bring whatever hiking gear you would like to packet pickup. Some participants simply change their shoes, others bring a change of shorts, shirt, etc. We will have a changing tent available if you would like to use it. The East Summit trail is rocky and can be strenuous, so bring appropriate shoes.
- Bring your gear (shoes, shorts, shirts, etc) to registration/packet pick up Friday, Saturday or Sunday morning.
- At registration, participants will be given a limited edition BIKE & HIKE nylon bag for shoes and any supplies you need for the Pinnacle Mountain transition area.
- Gear will be shuttled from the start to the Pinnacle transition station at 6 pm on Saturday and at 6:50 am Sunday.
- At the transition station, you will be able to leave your bike safely and change into your hiking shoes and/or gear.
- Participants must sign in and out at the transition station so we know you have arrived and departed safely from Pinnacle Mountain.
- Gear bags will be returned to the start line later in the morning, in several shifts as participants return from the hiking portion of the event..
- ALL riders must wear a helmet for all portions of the ride.
- Cyclists need to wear their bib numbers on their backs. A duplicate bib will be attached to your gear back, and a smaller number for your bike.
- Please take the time to review them.
- The River Trail will have some pedestrian traffic on ride day.
- As always, please use caution and courtesy while riding.
- The route will have signs and/or volunteers to help direct you.
- The roads are not closed to traffic. Volunteers will be there to assist, but all riders are responsible for their own safety and must abide by all traffic laws. We want everyone to have a fun and safe time.
- A SAG vehicle will be available on portions of the route where allowed.
PINNACLE MOUNTAIN STATE PARK HIKE:
You will be hiking over access roads, part of the Ouachita trail, and from East to West over Pinnacle and loop back around to the East Summit trail base.
There will be Rest Stops located at:
Two Rivers Park.
The transition area at Pinnacle Mountain.
Water stop near the peak of Pinnacle Mountain.