The event you’ve been waiting for!
Most of you are aware that the Arkansas Parks and Recreation Foundation (APRF) is in the process of building a new Monument Trail System at Pinnacle Mountain State Park. If you’ve ridden or hiked the Monument Trails at Hobbs or Mount Nebo State Parks, you know how special these trails are.
While these trails remain off-limits to general use (no hiking, riding, or running without the express permission of APRF) you now have the opportunity to be among the first trail users. That is if you are a CATA member.
The rides/runs/hikes will be a part of the CATA Monday Night Rides for the first 3 Mondays of August and will begin at the Pinnacle Mountain State Park Visitor Center.
- Monday, August 3, 2020 – 6 pm
- Monday, August 10, 2020 – 6 pm
- Monday, August 17, 2020 – 6 pm
Special thanks to the Arkansas Parks and Recreation Foundation and Arkansas State Parks for this wonderful opportunity.
Details on the routes and distance will be announced at the events as trails become available but we do know that there will be several miles of trails available for riding including some downhill routes and cross country routes. A waiver available at the event must be signed before going out on the trail.
How to get on a ride/run/hike
To join a ride you’ll first need to make sure you are a CATA Member:
- Go to IMBA.com and check your membership status
- If you’re struggling with their website, contact us and we’ll look it up for you (centralartrail.com).
- If you realize your membership has expired or, gasp! you were never a member, you can remedy that here or at the link below. Make sure that you list Central Arkansas Trail Alliance as your local club.
- If you forget or you would rather just support CATA locally, you can enjoy the event for a $20.00 donation. (please bring check or cash)
Don’t get lulled into thinking you’re a member of CATA. We appreciate that you follow us in various forms but these DO NOT make you a legit member of CATA:
You are NOT a member…
- …because you are subscribed to receive our e-newsletter.
- …because you follow us on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram.
- …because you have been to a meeting, workday, or club ride.
COVID-19 Requirements for the event
We will be following state guidelines for social distancing and other protections to slow the spread of COVID-19. Please do not argue with the organizers about this. We will be on state property and we will follow the rules laid out by the Governor.
- Once you are out of your vehicle, you must wear a mask over your mouth and nose while socializing before leaving for your ride/run/hike. We will not be running around measuring distance so please just wear the mask.
- On the ride/run/hike you will not be required to wear a mask but please keep a minimum of 6 feet between yourselves while moving or if you stop to rest or socialize. We recommend carrying a mask with you in case you need it. You will be tempted to give each other high-fives due to the awesomeness of the trails, please refrain.
- We will have some hand sanitizer available at the parking lot but you’ll need to bring your own mask.
- When done with the ride/run/hike, please put your mask back on properly before socializing at the park.
Thanks for your help with these simple requirements.