Race Information: White Rock Classic 50K
- No Fees, No frills, No WIMPS!
- Race begins on Road 1003 (White Rock Mountain Road) just off Highway 23, about a mile north of the Mulberry River (near Cass).
- Part of the 2016 – 2017 AURA Ultra Trail Series
- There is no entry fee but a small donation to help cover costs would be appreciated.
- Refreshments will be near the finish line starting at 1:00 pm
- If doing the 50K and not confident of a 5:00PM finish you are welcome to start early. (study the map, you will be unsupported till the aid station volunteers get set up).
- Please keep your own time and sign in at the top (past the aid station at the lookout) and at the finish to be included in the results.
- You must sign out before leaving or you will be charges for search and rescue.
- The 50K course runs to the top of White Rock Mountain, then retraces back to the start.
- The course is run on well maintained forest road.
- Aid is set up approximately every 5 – 6 miles.
- PLEASE NOTE: If for some reason you plan to NOT to run back, you MUST plan ahead to arrange your own ride back to the start. No shuttling will be available.
- Course Map
- Course Elevation Profile, compliments of Jeff Genova – Thanks Jeff!
Approximate cumulative elevation changes:
Out/up: 3500′ total climb, 1900′ total descent
Back/Down: 1900′ total climb and 3500′ total descent
- This 50K is very challenging and not recommended for those who have not at least completed a marathon (or run 26 miles) recently. It is guaranteed to help work off those Christmas holiday pounds before the Valentine Candy arrives.
- Cancellation Policy: We reserve the right to cancel the race due to inclement weather or unsafe road conditions. Both the condition/width of the roads and the snow height and ice will be taken into consideration when making the final decision. In other words, don’t go if the weather is bad! Remember this is for fun, fellowship and recreation. This race has been cancelled in the past due to bad weather.
- Course closes by 5 pm. Early starts are accepted if you anticipate not completing the 50K under 8 hours. Note: There will be a few awards given–early starters are not eligible for awards.
- Brought to you by Lisa Gunnoe, PoDog Vogler, and the Arkansas Ultra Running Association (AURA)
- Questions: e-mail Lisa
- Parking at the start is limited.
- If you can, park at the Turner Bend store–at the Mulberry River bridge on Highway 23 and carpool to the start.
- If you park at the start pull over to the right as much as you possibly can. An ambulance must be able to get by you and they are wide.
- All cars must park on same side of road, left/South.
- Please use the restrooms at the Turner Bend Store (please show gratitude by purchasing something).
- There are no restrooms in the campground at the start. If you need to go, walk up the road, away from the campground, and leave no trace.
- This has been a problem in the past and we may loose our permit so – LEAVE NO TRACE!!!
- Male: Brian Hurley, 3:53:06 (2014)
- Female: Chrissy Ferguson, 4:44:25 (1999)
- Male (Brannon Cemetery start/finish): Cole Crosby, 3:53:55 (2012)
- Female (Brannon Cemetery start/finish): Katie Helms, 5:14 (2012)