Now in its 3rd year, the Umpteen Rides are back. Last year was the test run. Paul and Melanie Norris, local mountain bike and trail advocates, decided to talk a bunch of cyclists across the state into having twentysomething rides, mostly mountain biking with some gravel and pavement, across the state between Thanksgiving and New Years. It was awesome.
Umpteen Rides is a free Poker run that runs from 12/21 through 1/1.
Prizes for the top 3 hands will be awarded after the event ends on January 1, 2019.
Here are the rules:
- First 52 riders receive a playing card from the ride host
- Record your card on the waiver and keep it for verification purposes
- Best 5 card hand at the end of the event wins (5 aces is top hand)
- Top 3 hands win prize packages
- In the event of a tie, tied player’s names will go in a random drawing.
- Play only the cards you are dealt. Anyone caught cheating will be disqualified
- Ride leaders, sweeps and organizers are not eligible for poker
Umpteen Rides is all volunteer-led and organized. Have fun, play nice and ride your bike!
Helmets are required on all Umpteen Ride events. Lights are required for night rides.
For a full calendar of all the official rides, go to our calendar. This year there are a total of 40 rides all across the state. How many can you ride?