Joe Martin Stage Race

Update from the Joe Martin Stage Race

Our goal is to hold the Joe Martin Stage Race (all events and categories) as scheduled for April 2 – 5 for the UCI Men, UCI Women and Elite Men 1,2 fields and April 4 & 5 for the amateur fields. The only way we would postpone the event would be if our local or state governmental agencies place a ban on outdoor events such as ours.

Both the UCI and USA Cycling have issued protocols based upon CDC best practices and information to hold events.  Along with that, the Joe Martin Stage Race is following what many organizations are doing as best practices by asking three simple questions of staff, teams, riders, volunteers.  Those are:

  1. Have you, someone living in your household, an intimate partner, or someone you are caring for, been diagnosed with COVID 19 (Coronavirus) or had any contact with a confirmed case of COVID 19?
  2. Have you or someone living in your household, or an intimate partner, returned from, or made a connection through, a CDC Level 3 or Level 2 country, in the last 14 days?
  3. Do you currently have, or have you had within the last 24 hours, any cold or flu symptoms including fever greater than 100.4?

CDC Travel Guidance:

  • Level 3 Countries (with widespread sustained transmission and restrictions on entry to the United States): China, Iran
  • Level 3 Countries (with widespread sustained transmission): South Korea, Italy
  • Level 2 Countries (with sustained community transmission): Japan

Useful Links:

We understand that these are trying times, and we are working diligently to minimize risks and address concerns of teams, riders, staff, partners and our community. We will continue to monitor this very fluid situation and will be in contact the first of next week with a full update.


Bruce Dunn
Event Director

READ  Experience Fayetteville to present 2021 OZ Trails US Pro Cup