Eight weeks of virtual engagement with industry leaders, cycling advocates, program developers, and change-makers.
BENTONVILLE, Ark., August 20, 2020 – Visit Bentonville will host their third annual Arkansas Bike Summit as a virtual experience this year, highlighting best practices in the cycling industry from across the globe. Over eight weeks, starting on Tuesday, September 1, 2020, Visit Bentonville will host one-hour Zoom sessions every Tuesday, engaging industry leaders, advocates, program developers, and change-makers in conversations to encourage thought-provoking ideas in cycling development.
“We’re excited to host this important annual event,” said Aimee Ross, Visit Bentonville’s director of Bike Bentonville. “Although the summit will be virtual this year, the key takeaways and insights are as invaluable as ever.”
September 1 – Get a Grip on Media Partnerships
– Nicole Formosa, Bike Magazine
– Gloria Liu, Outside Magazine.
– Francis Cebedo, MTBR
September 8 – You can make a difference!
– Kristi Mohn, Life Time
– Chris Hensley, Crested Butte Adaptive Sports Center
September 15 – How USA Cycling is helping communities make informed decisions
– Kelsey Erickson, USA Cycling
– Chuck Hodge, USA Cycling
– Dr. Michael Roshon, USA Cycling
September 22 – Riding out a Pandemic
– Nat Tschoban, Zwift
– Jay Petervary, Adventure Athlete
– Rebecca Rusch, MTB Hall of Famer
September 29 – A Hub for Innovation
– Kalene Griffith, Visit Bentonville
– David Wright, Bentonville Parks, and Recreation
– Gary Vernon, Walton Personal Philanthropy Group
– Graham Cobb, Greater Bentonville Area Chamber of Commerce
October 6 – The Great Bike Boom
– Jenn Dice, PeopleForBikes
– Morgan Lommele, PeopleForBikes
October 13 – TBD
Note: Special guests to be announced soon.
October 20 – A tale of two mountain bike focused non-profits
– Kent McNeil, International Mountain Bicycling Association
– Steve Matous, National Interscholastic Cycling Association
The 2020 Arkansas Bike Summit is an opportunity for cycling enthusiasts from around the world to learn about the essential benefits cycling can bring to their communities. New and exciting details will continue to be announced over the coming weeks. For the latest Arkansas Bike Summit information, special guests, and registration opportunities for 2020, click here.